The Medical and Nursing Division employs dedicated, professional, caring staff to provide quality medical services to citizens of Bell and surrounding counties. The Health District receives Federal and State funding to provide services. We accept cash, debit cards, credit cards, public health insurance (Medicaid & Healthy Texas Women Program). Spanish Language Interpreters Available at the Clinics. Other languages are available via a language line.
We offer testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV in the Temple and Killeen clinics. We refer for treatment/management of any positive HIV tests. Clinics are provided according to the schedule by appointment. Any fees due would be according to the schedule of discounts. All STD testing/treatment is considered confidential, except where required to be reported to the state for positive tests. Medications are provided onsite. Expedited partner treatment is available for clients whose test is positive and who qualify (this is on a case by case basis, depending on the client's situation. Click here for FAQs about STD's and STD testing.Tuberculosis Testing & Treatment
Click here for more information regarding Tuberculosis Testing & TreatmentFamily Planning
As a provider of Title X Family planning services, we offer a wide range of birth control options.
- Short-term birth control options: condoms, female condoms, vaginal gel or foam, Depo, NuvaRing, and pills.
- Long-acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs): Nexplanon (with insertion on-site) and Intra-uterine Devices (IUDs). IUD brands include ParaGard, Mirena, and Liletta. IUD insertion occurs on-site.
- Emergency contraception
We perform pregnancy testing (we can provide Medicaid proof of pregnancy) and also offer well-woman exams.Immunizations
Click here for information regarding immunizations.Health Education
Each year The Bell County Public Health District works toward ensuring that every individual receives timely, affordable immunizations, and proper family planning. BCPHD is constantly involved in communities across the district emphasizing the importance of immunizations, family planning, and often hosts shot clinics for community organizations.
Health education services include:
- Assessing individual and community needs for health education
- Planing effective health education strategies, interventions, and programs
- Implementing health education strategies, interventions, and programs
- Conducting evaluations and research related to health education
- Administering health education strategies, interventions, and programs
- Serving as a health education resource
- Communicating and advocating for health and health education
Health Education shares information on many health topics related to immunizations, family planning, and a healthy lifestyle. This information will consist of everything students, clients, and community groups will need during the school year, along with health measures.
Please call our Belton office at 254-939-2091 if you have any questions!
For Health Education and other health events please see our Calendar!